http://sunshine--days.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/craftsHTML Map

Wednesday 6 June 2012

I can't touch your precious past



Well, what a busy, lovely bank holiday weekend that was!

I kicked things off on Friday and went back home for a few days. I saw the olympic torch being carried through Birkenhead by my old trampolining coach... unfortunately not as exciting as it sounds as I was never her biggest fan, caught up with my friends and went for a lovely little day trip to Chester Zoo with Mama and Papa T because I'm actually a five year old in a 22 year old body. I spent the Jubilee bank holiday in Roundhay Park with about 99% of the population of Leeds, complete with a trip to Tropical World to see even more little animals (one zoo per weekend clearly isn't enough...).

Although I didn't do anything particularly patriotic this weekend I still loved soaking up the atmosphere and seeing flags and bunting dotted around almost every shop window, pub and street. It was really heart-warming to see a bit of British heritage flourishing, I for one decided to embrace it by making some blue jubilee cupcakes with red and white bunting. Thanks for the perfect excuse to make cakes queenie! I just wish I'd had a street party to take them to rather than just stuffing my face with them in front of the telly!











1. Olympic celebrations 2. Zoo time 3. I want to own this monkey. Best. Moustache. Ever. 4. Roundhay Park 5. The one photo I managed to take of a butterfly without it inconsiderately flying away 6. & 7. Roundhay Park   (skirt, shirt and tights all Topshop), I need to teach a certain someone how to take pictures and not chop people's feet off... 8. My jubilee cupcakes

So there you have it, a whistle stop tour of the Diamond Jubilee a la Kaz. Hope you all found a way to enjoy the celebrations and the extra long bank holiday too!



2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photographs you looked lovely. Nice blog you have here...happy to be your newest follower, keep up the good work! :)

    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh myy you're absolutely stunning! You pull off a fringe so well xx

    ReplyDelete