http://sunshine--days.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/craftsHTML Map

Saturday 7 July 2012

And we'll wait for love in the shape of us

I've spent a lot of time this week thinking about the summer (yes, I'm aware that it is already summer apparently but I'm hoping it will arrive for real eventually...). One of the things that's happening in August is my cousin's wedding, so as a way of distracting myself from looking out at the ever rising river below my flat (becoming concerned about waterfront living right now!) I've been trying to sort my outfit out instead. 

Now, the dress I have already. I bought it on asos for my birthday night out back in March, and as its quite dressy by my standards I thought that recycling it for the wedding would be a great idea to make sure I get my money's worth out of it... I hate buying things that get worn once and then just hang in my wardrobe looking a bit forlorn and unloved. It makes me sad (and poor). 




dress: asos, blazer: topshop, bag: topshop, belt: came with a playsuit, flower and necklace: accessorize

My shoe collection also needs to be happy and loved rather than worn once and thrown to the back of my cupboard.  As much as I love the few pairs of heels I own don't wear them that often at all, if I'm on a night out I much prefer wearing flats and being able to dance til closing time, so buying some especially for the wedding seems like a silly idea to me. 

And then I found these... 


flatforms: boohoo

I've seen flatforms on so many blogs over the last few weeks, and I just think they're brilliant... smart enough to look dressed up but they (in theory) should be comfy enough to wear all evening. Plus, my lazy self would actually wear them on nights out in town too. Sorted. 

Now I just need this weather to improve or else I'll be on a hunt for a brolly to match my outfit too...




14 comments:

  1. I love that you are recycling something you already have, hats off!! Its so easy to get tempted into buying something new! But if you don't wear dressy dressy stuff alot, it makes sense. Plus you can totally change how something looks with accessories, i love the black with the pink!

    And its not too hard to find a black brolly……lol xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love this dress so it'd be a shame to waste my money on another! Glad you approve of my thrifty recycling... my mum seems slightly horrified that I'm not buying something new!
      True, I can manage the matching brolly accessory pretty easily... I just really don't want it to get to that point! Surely we've got to have a bit of sunshine sooner or later?!
      xxx

      Delete
    2. I am keeping everything crossed for you :) I am being bridesmaid for one of my best friends at the endv august and my dress is floor length…it cannot rain lol xxxx

      Delete
  2. i love your outfit, your hair look so pretty too

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. check out my worldwide giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks amazing, this outfit is so pretty, style really well! I love the shoes, i am tempted to get myself a pair of flatforms?
    Anna

    http://opshopaholic.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dress is stunnning! And I'd say go for the flatforms, I've got a pair and I wear them all the time xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look lovely! At the rate we're going I think it's advisable to look for a nice collection of brollies xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable outfit m'dear, you look really pretty. I find myself increasingly attracted to flatforms too, extra height without the pain of regular heels, yess please ;)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a stunning outfit I love how you've accessorised the dress!
    Especially with that clutch bag!

    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo have been a little nervous of the flatform trend but those look great, might have to jump on the band wagon :D Happy Monday!

    http://monstermagpie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved your blog. It's very cool and interesting. Come by and let's follow each other;)! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in love with the flatform trend at the moment! I bought my own sandal style pair from Urban Outfitters but the damn weather means I haven't had a chance to wear them yet! :(
    http://www.bandasaur.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like the flower, cute accessory
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete