http://sunshine--days.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/craftsHTML Map

Sunday 24 March 2013

If you had your gun, would you shoot it at the sky?

My never ending mission to get to know Yorkshire better continued last weekend when my parents paid me a visit. My Dad's hatred of being dragged around shops by my Mum and I, coupled with the fact that their car opens up a lot more possibilities for adventures for me means that we always manage to find somewhere interesting to go where we can have a play with our DSLRs. Papa T is the person who got me interested in photography in the first place, so I always like to go on little photography outings with him so I can pick up a few hints and tips. Not sure my Mum enjoys this quite as much, she has to spend a lot of time standing around like a lemon whilst we snap away. At least there was plenty for her to look at while she waited for us last weekend as we took a trip to Fountains Abbey in Ripon and the place was flipping huge! Even on a freezing cold day there were tonnes of people around, it was a great place for a Sunday wander and we ended up spending almost all day there because there was so much to see!

I think the cold, wintery weather suited the atmosphere around the ruins of the Abbey- at least the perpetual winter we seem to be living in finally proved handy for something (but seriously weather, don't let that think its ok to stay like this forever... WE ALL WANT SPRING NOW THANKS). No photos of my face made it into this little lot today- the cold weather gives me a permanently grumpy expression as smiling doesn't really come at the top of my priority list when my ears falling off due to frostbite is starting to seem like a genuine possibility.





4 comments:

  1. Oh I love Fountains Abbey - went so many times over the years and never tire of walking all over the abbey and finding new hidden places. The views from the wooded end are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such pretty photos :) this is somewhere I'd love to visit! Hey, if you want, check out my blog
    www.nessa-mae.blogspot.co.uk, If you like it follow on GFC and Bloglovin, and I ALWAYS follow back xx – Vanessa Mae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god it's beautiful!! I'm realising more and more that I need to get out and explore my local area more- hell, I've lived here all my life almost and I'm sure I'm missing out on loads of delights! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about the winter weather being better for photography, I've taken some great images recently, but it definitely needs to get warmer now!


    http://graciiousme.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete