http://sunshine--days.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/craftsHTML Map

Tuesday 28 May 2013

Smiles of the week: Sally Cinnamon, you're my world

Whoever came up with the idea of Bank Holidays really was a genius. When I was younger I never appreciated them particularly- it was just another day but with a lot more crowds and less frequent public transport. Now I'm a grown up working person, having a free day off and still getting paid for it is the BEST feeling in the world, especially because lots of other lovely people are off too so its the perfect excuse for lots of extra fun. Or lots of extra time to recover from a two day hangover as may be a more appropriate description of my extra day off! 

Since the weekend lasted an extra day, I decided this post could wait until Tuesday after realising in last week's post that daydreaming about the fun of the previous seven days was a great way to brighten up my first day back at work. That in itself makes me smile as this week's first day back at work is practically the middle of the week anyway. I LOVE FOUR DAY WEEKS (apologies to those of you that don't get Bank Holidays off... you're probably ready to hit me right now...). 

Anyway, here we go with a couple of my highlights from the last week. 


Spending a few hours with my Dad after work last Wednesday. We went to an out of town shopping centre to escape the rain and he even let me drag him around the shops without a single complaint whilst I tried on approximately 618 pairs of jeans. 

Realising that my Dad spent the entire trip humming Daft Punk's Get Lucky. What. A. Legend.

Nattering away for an entire evening to one of my oldest friends who I somehow hadn't spoken to properly since March. 

Wearing a proper summer dress, eating the BEST sorbet and accidentally falling asleep down by the canal in the sunshine. 

Having two of the women from work shouting lots of rude words across the office in response to a particularly nasty phone call I'd just had to endure. Nothing like a 50 something year old shouting "WHAT A BEEPING HORRIBLE BEEP BEEP" to bring your mood back up!

Spending an evening soaking up the remaining rays of sunshine at a beer festival. I'm not sure how we'd decided a beer festival was a good idea as we don't like beer, especially as they'd already run out of the nice ciders before we'd arrived so we had to endure some interesting flavours before moving onto pale ale. Despite hating all of the drinks, we spent the entire time laughing hysterically and it was a really good way to spend a summery evening.

Surviving two nights out in a row (just about). Exactly why extra days off are sometimes necessary!

Listening to a little old welsh lady on the train to Manchester giving the person on the other end of the phone instructions about the knobs and flaps on something in her house. I'm not sure how it was only my friend and I who were having trouble keeping our giggles quiet. Mature as always.

Making plans for the weeks ahead. Mostly looking forward to an upcoming trip to Birmingham for a visit to Cadbury World (I've never been before and am FAR TOO EXCITED) followed by a bit of dancing and merriment. I've heard good things about Birmingham's nightlife so I've got a feeling it could be a very, very good weekend.


Hope you've all enjoyed the last week and the sunshine (shame its disappeared already though...)







6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading this post! :) looks like you had an awesome time from the things you've done last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it :) I did have a great time thanks!

      Delete
  2. CADBURY WORLD!? If I wasn't already going to Cardiff, I'd totally be crashing your trip. Your dad sounds like an absolute legend, as do your work colleagues. Glad you had such a great weekend love! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'M SO EXCITED FOR CADBURY WORLD I MIGHT EXPLODE! You should definitely crash the trip, its not for a few weeks yet ;).

      Delete
  3. Haha sounds like you had a fab time honey! :)) Ahh Cadbury World is a place that I want to go to so badly (even though I don't like chocolate much) it seems so amazing!! :)) Great post!

    Andrea | RosyChicc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cadbury world is my perfect place... I'm a massive chocoholic, I'm sure it'd still be awesome even for a non-chocolate fan!

    ReplyDelete