http://sunshine--days.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/craftsHTML Map

Saturday 22 February 2014

I go crazy cos here isn't where I wanna be

I've had a pretty decent week as far as working weeks go... although that may be because my *ahem* working week was only one day long. Don't get me wrong, I bloomin' love my job, but its the best feeling in the world knowing you've got a few days of freedom ahead. I spent the start of the week at home catching up with my friends (including a trip to an awesome wedding cake shop with my friend who's getting married this year!) and family. My Dad and I spent some quality time together on a photography course which was run through Jessops in Manchester, I wasn't sure what to expect but I was really impressed... the guy made a real effort to find out what we all wanted to develop our skills in and made sure that we didn't leave without the right advice. I feel like I learnt a few tricks to make the most out of the billions of settings my SLR has which I probably wouldn't have got to grips with by just reading a book about it. 

Today I took a trip into town and ended up having an impromptu lunch date with my friend Coral as I'd popped into her work to say hello just as she was being told she could take her break. Perfect timing. We couldn't have planned it better if we'd tried.



Anyway, I ended up wearing my new favourite top (how is it that sometimes you can fall massively in love with the simplest, most unexciting items of clothing?!) for about the 3rd time this week today (thank god for Mama T and her superhuman talents with the washing machine) along with my absolute bargain of a skirt from New Look. I think I paid a tenner for it back in January but they've reduced them down to £7 now... I'm contemplating filling my whole wardrobe with them at that price!

top: Topshop, skirt: New Look, boots: Topshop, socks: Primark, necklaces: Topshop/ Kukee, watch: Urban Outfitters


Anyway, I'm off to get excited that there's still a whole weekend left before Monday rolls around again. Can I just work one day a week every week please?!

(In honour of their awesome performance and Alex Turner's hilariously cringey rambling speech at the Brits)

7 comments:

  1. I can see why you love that top, can't beat some Breton stripes.
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute, I would love to be able to pull off outfits like this!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh your photography course sounds fun! I completely agree, being shown something really makes it sink in better than trying to read a book and figure it out yourself. I'm a total short course convert :))

    Sophie | Onetenzeroseven

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this top too- its so simple but lovely on you :) <3 Gisforgingers xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that necklace! I'm mad for triangles :) x
    www.strawberriesandsquiggles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you've had some good days off :) i love simple tees like that x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That outfit is absolutely stunning! Definitely going to follow :3

    ReplyDelete